Chatlines have been around for a long time and even with the introduction of online dating and dating apps, it’s stood the test of time.
Whether you’ve used a chat line before or not, our top 5 tips will help you get the most out of dating and phone chat and boost your chances of finding someone special.
- Record a decent introduction for your voicemail box. You’re trying to get people to like the sound of you so make sure you highlight your best qualities! Phone chat should be natural and you should focus on what you like.
- You can tell a lot from someone’s voice. You’re likely to get a reasonably good sense about who they are over the phone. It’s much easier to connect that written down messages. However, if something doesn’t feel right, don’t pursue it.
- Be sensible about meeting up. If you decide you’re getting on well and would like to meet up, make sure it’s in a public place and you tell a friend where you’re going.
- Don’t give out any personal information. When chatting to someone, don’t let them know personal details before you’re comfortable. Arrange to meet through the chat line (following the above tip) and then decide if you’d like to pass on your phone number etc.
- Have fun! Dating isn’t supposed to be a chore, it should be enjoyable. Just be yourself and make the most of your time chatting to someone. This will help you find someone special
If you’d like to give it a go, join Chat2Date today and see who’s on the line!